Journies.

Faile
    Admin

Re: Journies.

Post by Faile on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:56 pm

He took her hand tenderly messaging it between his own two hands as he spoke. " Shadowscales are Argonians born under the sign of the Shadow. In Black Marsh all Shadow scale are presented to the Dark Brotherhood as children to become assassins. It becomes our entire life. Sadly. I am the last shadow scale. My people have decided to discontinue the offerings."

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:11 am

Her eyes saddened at his words. "That must be tough, I'm sorry to hear that." her head then titled to the side. "Surely there could be away to restart the Shadowscales. Right?"

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 am

Veezara tilted his head in thought and hissed lightly to himself." The only way that would happen is if the current shadowscale had children and then offered them as assassins. Since I'm the only shadowscale left and without a child to offer. this is a noble but impossible notion." He straightened and whipped his tail absent mindedly. " You should join. Faile could train you. You have the body of a killer. That or you have a killin body. " Chuckling lightly at his joke he'd then walk away to god knows where.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:18 am

Her pale face flushed red and she watched him leave. Interesting people.. She thought to herself before continuing on her 'self-guided-tour' of the sanctuary, wrapping her arms around herself she thought back to what Veezara said
    ' "You should join. Faile could train you." '
    "Would he really train me?" she muttered to herself as she moved into another hall. Her eyes gliding up and down the building. This place was certainly well built and extremely comfortable to be in.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:25 am

As She walked about Astrid appeared before her. " He was right you know. You could be molded into an assassin. Faile ' could ' train you. But it'd be up to him to do so. that is of course If you'd end up staying. We usually don't consider letting in outsiders without the usual invitation but he seems to enjoy you. We can't be having our best assassin all mopey and depressed not thinking straight because his only 'Friend' decided to skip out on him. If you really wanna get out and explore the rest of Skyrim and also be an assassin in the Dark Brotherhood. I gave Faile a new assignment. You could travel with him if you pleased. He could train you as you both did so as well. "

Astrid took out a poison tipped elven dagger and held it out to Renge. " You can have this if you wish to join, but for now keep it on you to get the feel of a weapon in your hand." Astrid turned and walked back towards her room. " Go back to Faile. He seems rather sad that you want to leave. Should go talk to him. "

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 am

Astrid surprised her when she spoke to her, she had said that she could stay and then held out a dagger towards her. Carefully taking the weapon into her hands she turned it about, letting her finger tips glide along it and before she looked up to speak Astrid was already walking away telling her to go speak with Faile.

"Mm.. did I upset him that much?" she chewed on her lip and turned to go back to him, thinking all the way what she was going to say to him. Once back in the main hall where Faile sat, she instantly felt a little safer.

"Faile... I'm sorry." she started out.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 am

Faile looked up as he heard her words. Smiling he'd chuckle lightly. " ehh.. For what? You haven't done anything wrong. " Noticing the dagger in her hand he'd don a serious expression. " Who gave you that... ? " He looked past her to Astrid's room. Strange. that's Astrid's personal dagger...

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 am

"Erm, Astrid gave it to me... hey look, I'm not really going to leave you.. I'm sorry if i upset you" she chewed in her lip and fell silent as she looked at him, waiting for his response.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Faile gave a small smile. He didn't know it was that obvious that he was upset. " Look Renge. I'm not your dad, or your mom, or your boyfriend. I'm not ganna tell you how to live and where to go. That is your choice to make. "

He smiled even brighter and pulled her into a small hug as he whispered in her ear, not wanting the others to hear him being emotional. " But you're the first person I've run into that I instantly felt a connection with. You're the only friend I've made since ValenWood. So yes. It would suck if you left. "

He let her go and sniffed lightly. " Eh. I'm leaving tonight to carry out a new assignment. This assignment might take a long time to complete so... I don't know how long it will be before I get back."

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:33 pm

The hug was extremely surprising and caused her to 'squeak', her face went red as he spoke in her ear and told her that she was the only one he's had a connection with, clearing her throat she smiled up at him.
    "Same." she answered before he told her that he was going on an assignment and her eyes lit up. "Could I go?"

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Faile thought on this for a moment. " You would have to get permission from Astrid... And it could be very dangerous. We'll be gone a long time."

He smiled in a mocking manner. " Don't worry, I'd protect you " He then laughed lightly because he knew she hated being underestimated.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:33 pm

"Astrid said that I could go with you, that you could.... train me." she hesitated on the last part, her eyes narrowing down and then back up to lock contact with his. "Please?"

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Faile grew surprised as she mentioned Astrid telling her that he could train her. " Well if you have permission to come along then there should be no problem but. train you? Does this mean you want to join the brotherhood? "

He looked hopeful just as much as surprised. Of course he'd train her. He is after all the best assassin in the business. Bout time he gained a pupil.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:54 pm

She gave a nod. "Of course I would join. I wouldn't ask for training and then leave" a smile touched her lips before she poked him in the gut. "So where are we headed? when do we go?" she asked, her eyes lighting up with excitement

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Faile lazily umfed as he was poked in the gut. Straightening back up he'd stand and smirk slyly. " My assignment is to research the dragon. Find out if there are more or if that was the only one. The Dark Brotherhood is curious. They want me to go get as much information as I can. That means this isn't an assassination job, yet. My job is to gather intel and protect myself on all accounts if attacked by any thing or anyone. "

He frowned lightly. " If there happens to be more dragons and we come into contact with any. I don't want you partaking in a fight with one until I decide you're ready. "

He nodded towards their room. " Go pack. We leave tonight. I think we'll make our first stop at riverwood. It's just south of Whiterun. Maybe someone there knows something. "

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:20 pm

"The dragon?" her interest went sky rocketing as he spoke those words. "Your really going to investigate it?" she grinned. "Cool, so who do you think will know about it, I mean... every one in Helgen perished..... Right?"

She didn't even care that he told her she couldn't fight, her mind was set on seeing that gorgeous creature again. It spoke such a beautiful language (even if it did mess up an entire city). Then he told her to go pack and she nodded before setting off back to the room before coming to a halt.. and laughed. "I have nothing to pack."

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Faile had forgotten that she had come with no possessions, and instantly felt bad about telling her to pack. Approaching behind her he placed his hand on her shoulder as he spoke warmly. " Maybe you don't right now. But someday you'll have a home again, complete with all the things you'd like to pack eh? " He walked ahead of her and entered his room as he called to her. " Renge. Come here I've got something I'd like to give you, as a thank you for accompanying me from Helgen. "

He waited for her to enter before showing her a beautiful diamond necklace. " I want you to have this. Yes it' pretty but it has more purpose to it than just looking good. It's been enchanted to muffle the sound of the wearer's footsteps. It could come in handy for you someday."

He held out the necklace to her, hoping that she'd take it.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:32 pm

She hadn't been hurt by his words, in fact she found it humorous. She gave a nod and patted his hand. "no worries Faile" then he walked into the room and called for her to join him and when she entered the room he held out a beautiful necklace, eyes softening she gave a smile.

"Thank you Faile." she said and took carefully into her hands, running her fingers over it. "Its gorgeous and useful" she grinned.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Faile smiled. " Glad you like it. " He walked over to his wooden dresser and began rummaging inside. He'd pull out essentials , clothes and the like and pack them into a sack made of animal hides. Alright, I'm all packed. Not much on my end to pack anyways. He opened a glass case and removed an Ebony Dagger and Bow. Strapping the dagger and it's sheath to his chest he'd then pull the string of the bow over one of his arms and his head, letting the actual bow rest at his back.

Alright. Not much longer and we'll be leaving." As he finished his sentence he placed his black leather face mask over his face, hiding his mouth, ears and nose. When he finished with that he pulled his hood back over his head, and once more he was a shadow. When he next spoke his voice was much different, it was a dark and menacing his once more. It's safe to assume that with all of his equipment equipped he purposefully switches over into another personality for the sake of his job. " Meet me outside the black door in half an hour. Your training begins on the road. " He then walked out of the room to go tell Astrid that they were leaving, his boots thudding heavily upon the rock floor.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 pm

She chewed on her lip before nodding and deciding to go explore just a bit more before they left. Hoping to talk to a few more members of the family before setting out. She wanted to know what each one was like and wanted to know if there was anyone she should stay away from.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 pm

While exploring a very old and frail 'looking' man called over to her. " Hey, you! Get over here and help me out with something real quick. You're Renge right? Make your young self useful and come here. " He seemed rather uptight at first glance but in fact he really was struggling with his task. He was bent over an alchemy table holding a beaker in each hand, trying to fill them both evenly by pouring the contents of another beaker into them. This was proving difficult since he only had two hands, and three beakers.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:48 pm

She quickly made her over to his side, eyeing the table. "What can i do to help?" she asked. She, herself was trained in Alchemy and knew how to make a variety of things.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Festus Krex smiled and gave her one of his beakers. " Be careful, the contents of that beaker are Frostbite Venom and Chorus eggs. Get any of it on you and you'll be dead in moments." He then showed her the beaker he had in his hand. " This has powdered mammoth bone meal and vampire venom. I'm going to mix both the contents of these beakers evenly into one beaker. " He grabbed the empty beaker and poured his beakers liquid extract into it. " Now pour in the shit in your beaker and be quick about it.  "

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 pm

She bit her tongue to keep from laughing and obeyed what he told her to do and did it quickly but carefully. Her eyes never leaving what she was doing.
    "Are you making a poison?" she asked once she had finished placing the contents of the bowl into the beaker.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:05 pm

As the beaker was completely filled he stoppered it and then began to profusely shake it. As he shook it he'd sweat lightly at the brow obviously too old to be moving around like this. He continued to shake the contents as he spoke " Why yes actually. Not only will it be a poison that slowly kills it's victim, it also indefinitely paralyzes them until the poison reaches the victims heart. There is no escape." As he finished shaking it he smiled and handed the beaker to her. " Take it, I was making it as a present to you anyhow. " He smiled grumpily " My name is Festus. Festus Krex"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 am