Attempted Escape

Renge
    Admin

Attempted Escape

Post by Renge on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 pm

"HALT!"

The voices of Imperial soldiers echoed in a forested area. Their eyes frantic as they searched for a single girl. The indistinctive murmuring of one man has he directed others to go one way while beckoning others to follow his lead.

While this was going on a pale eyed girl sat crouched in the bushes panting heavily, her light blonde hair stuck to the sides of her face. "Damn Imperials" she hissed quietly before peering out of her hiding place to check if the coast was clear, when she saw nobody she took a deep breathe and darted from her place only to be tackled to the ground by a large Imperial soldier.

"Let me go you pig, or i will slit your throat" she hissed as she licked her lips.
    "I'VE GOT HER." He yelled out as more men came into the clearing, one stood over her with a grin.

"You nearly escaped but when you go against the Imperial Legion you always fail." He directed his words to her before turning to a few soldiers, "Tie her up and get her to the carriage."

The men obeyed him and quickly set to word, the large soldier that had her pinned flipped her over and roughly grabbed her arms before tying them up. Another man helped to yank her up and led her away with the rest of the men quickly following.

Some snickered as they murmured where she was going and what was going to happen..

--

Now on the carriage, she sat next to another prisoner who had his head down while another one was spewing curses at the soldiers before catching her gaze and grinning a sickening grin that sent chills down her back.

After sometime had past, the man that had been quiet lifted his head and gazed at the nearing town. "Helgen" he said the name. "the end is near." he gave a weary sigh as he hung his head once more, the carriage rocking back and forth before coming to a stop and a females voice sounded.

"Get those prisoners down, NOW!"

Sneering, the girl stood and stepped down from the carriage glaring at the men surrounding her.

Faile
    Admin

Re: Attempted Escape

Post by Faile on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Chapter I - Helgen

"We're all going to die..." These words were spoken by a cowardly Nord riding in the carriage that Faile now occupied. He sat with his head hanging low, using the hood to cover his eyes. His face mask covered his mouth, ears and nose. Faile paid no mind to the conversations of these fearful beings but a few sentences would run through his ears. Such sentences being " A Nords last thoughts should be of home. " and " Rorikstead. I'm from Rorikstead." Faile growled and hissed in aggravation towards the situation, but mostly remained silent.

It wasn't long before a female was brought onto the carriage, obviously having been captured and labeled a traitor to the Empire just as he had been. In truth he was ashamed that someone as skilled as he was could be captured by these numb nut idiots but hey, everyone has their moments. An aroma soon traveled to his nostrils and he quickly looked up as he realized this woman was a Vampire. Vampires could always tell one another from the usual bunch of humans. Things like power auras and scents distinguished them to one another. His golden black orbs met hers and he quickly looked back down hoping she had not noticed. One of two things could come about her presence. Either she acts out and heightens his chances of being discovered as Vampire, or she stays calm and awaits a moment to strike and escape. Though her presence in the end either way could be advantageous to him.

" "Get those prisoners down, NOW!" The words of this Imperial woman hit his ears and he groaned in annoyance. This one he could tell loved to act tough, but in the end would cower before his blade like a babe cowering before it's father after getting into trouble. He stood in tune with the fellow vampire and nodded to her in a way that said ' Ladies first. ' Letting her step off of the carriage before he would follow. The Imperials line everyone up, starting with Ulfric and ending with the two Vampires. Faile was just glad that no one had noticed they were what they were yet. He looked to the female, keeping his eyes hidden behind the edges of the hood. He was either going to lose his head this day, or some miraculous miracle would save his skin. Hopefully Nirn, Kynareth and Molag Bal would show him mercy this day.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:40 pm

She hadn't given much thought to the male sitting in front of her but she had recognized the scent, the scent of a vampire, a scent that she despised with every bone in her body.
    Her pale eyes narrowed to his covered face. How annoying. She thought as she jumped from the carriage and stood still, watching as each person was called away.

Names upon names were spoken, each name belonging to a person who was expected of doing something wrong but most likely did nothing. She gave a chuckle as she thought to what will occur in just a few moments.

And then she noticed the male vampire standing next to her and she gave a hiss before another imperial pig directed his voice to her.

"You aren't on the list.. Who are you?" he spoke.

This was it, she grinned a toothy grin and stepped up.
    "I am what haunts your dreams, stalks the shadows and makes you beg for mercy." she paused in her words a gave a chuckle. "OH how i will enjoy feasting on your desecrated bodies, the blo---" she paused and gave an innocent look.
    "There is no way to rid yourselves of me, once my head has been chopped clean off of my shoulders that is when my vengeance begins."

She gave a shrug of her shoulders as she turned and walked off towards the block, without another word.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:48 pm

Faile stood stock still, surveying his surroundings. As the female began spitting out all kinds of gibberish he sighed and stepped forward. She obviously hasn't been eating right and if she's a newborn this isn't going to go well. He spoke through his mask. His voice a hiss, almost like a reptiles. " You Nords are pathetic... My name is Faile. Jot that down on your damned list. " As he turned to stand and await his execution the male whom he gave his name too blinked in surprise, he turned to the female Imperial and whispered in a hush tone. " That's Faile. I'm sure you've heard of him. Doing this is a bad idea, if he escapes we'll have trouble on our hands, better to just let him go. " The Imperial female snickered and waved his concerns aside. " He goes to the block. "

Faile watched the headsman behead one man and call up another. Three were killed as he awaited his turn.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:08 pm

Several of the other prisoners side stepped away from her as she approached, even two of the imperial soldiers had backed away with weapons drawn, obviously scared of her presence.

Satisfaction bubbled deep with in her gut as she watched their reactions, it wasn't long before she began to hum a sweet little tune, her eyes narrowing to the side as Faile was given his punishment and make his way over to where the others were.

A innocent smile played her lips as she gazed at him but then her smile was replaced by a frown as the first man was killed and then another and then another.. That smell! The corner of her lips twitched as her eyes turned from their natural color, wanting to launch herself towards the beheaded men that lay there in a pool of their own blood.
    But as she was thinking this, the overconfident Imperial female said "next, 'our worst nightmare' " her tone was mimicking as she locked gazes with her.

And that was when the first loud unfamiliar noise was heard, almost everyone turned their eyes to the sky as if searching for what made the noise.

"I said, NEXT PRISONER"
    The girl couldn't help be give a giggle. "You'll be first on my list" her eyes scanned her as she past her. "But then again, i might just feed you to the wolves, you smell"
    Humming, she paused at the block then was pushed to the ground her neck resting where the others had been.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Faile was trying his damndest not to let out any laughs but, this young woman was hilarious. He couldn't help but crack a smile. As he snickered from behind his mask he then heard it. A loud roaring that he had not heard from any creature before. He turned his head swiftly, searching for whatever had made the noise, but thus far he could not see anything.

He watched with regret as Renge was led to the block, trash talking the entire way as she was pushed onto her knees. The headsman picked up his axe and held it high above her head, but just as he swung with all his might something smashed into the tower ahead of them. The force cause the headsman to fall over and Faile raised his eyes now witnessing something so bizarre he couldn't believe it. " A... A Dragon? " He murmured quietly in disbelief. However he would not be captivated for long, and as the dragon started speaking it's language and sending forces of elemental power surging about the area killing many Imperials Faile ran forward, his vampiric speed sending him to Renge's side in a mere instant. He gripped her by her arm and lifted her to her feet with ease. "You're going to help me escape. Now." He brought up his binding to his mouth and chewed them free of his wrists, he then brought up her own bindings and chewed them off as well. Amidst the chaos the two were not noticed and he waited for her to decide on her next move before making his own.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:24 pm

A dragon! a real life dragon, she had only read about them in story books but now she had seen on for herself, a giant creature that spoke in it's own tongue..
    But before she could become to absorbed in the lizard she was pulled to her feet by the male vampire.

Sticking out her lip she gazed at him but remained silent and gave a nod. "Fine. I will help you escape." After he had chewed through the rope binding her hands, she gave them a quick rub and followed closely behind him.

I will help him for now, he might be useful later on.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Faile nodded curtly and assume that she would follow. As the dragon terrorized the town and burnt it to a crisp, Imperial bodies fell to the ground in droves.Faile moved swiftly, simply walking though seeming to step with some cat like grace. An Imperial ran at him roaring out with his blade raised, Faile simply caught his wrist mid swing, putting enough pressure into the hold to break the man's wrist as his other hand traveled to the man's throat. A snap could be heard and the Male fell to the ground in a heap of lifeless flesh. Faile picked up the dead Imperials sword and held it calmly at his side, continuing to walk forward. Another imperial ran at him and he ducked under the sword stroke, his own sword sliding in between the Imperials Ribs. A crack could be heard as Faile removed his weapon, the imperial gasping out for air to no avail, his lung pierced and dying.

It was not long before Faile had cleared a path to the towns back gate, a trail of imperial bodies left in his wake. He exited the town and immediately veered off into the forested regions to the south. He turned around then to see if the girl was still at his side.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:37 pm

The whole way she struggled with not stopping to suck the bodies dry, the smell of blood overwhelmed her and though he smelled good it also made her sick to her stomach but she managed to stick by his side, dodging away as imperials tried to stop them.

Once they had veered off into the forested region the girl came to a stop and remained still.
    "What do you want with me? Why did you seek out my help?" she hissed as she readied herself to fight, but obviously was weakened from hunger and from having to smell all of that blood.

"Who are you?" she asked, relaxing faintly.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:07 am

Faile watched the girl curiously. He had a certain air about him, something that let him stand out. He peered at her a good while, making sure to study her from head to toe. Ignoring all of her first questions he would slowly lift his hood from his head. As the hood dropped onto his shoulders it was revealed that he had bronze colored skin, his hair was tied back into a long pony tail and his ears were the usual long and pointy ears of all elves.

As she asked him who he was, his eyes peered at her as though they were attempting to pierce into her soul, the golden black hued eyes stared at her as his hand rose and pulled away his black leather face mask. This revealed his facial features. His cheekbones were quite higher than most, giving him a regal appearance. His lips were thin and of average length. His chin was narrow and long, a small braided beard extending forth from it. His hair was a golden brown, and it glistened beautifully in the sun's light. He was indeed a very attractive specimen. His voice equally as silky smooth as his looks and still retaining a snake like hiss when he decided to answer her last question. " My name, is Faile. Also I dare say that I did not ' Seek ' out your help but more like decided to lend you a hand. Face it, without me and my skills you would most definitely either still be captured or dead by now."

He smirked gently looking down at his thumb nail as he casually picked dirt from it with the nail of his index finger, all the while continuing to speak. " Before you ask. Yes it is very obvious that you are neither trained in combat nor in the art of..... Controlling one's hunger. Though I will go as far as to say that you did an alright job back there not devouring every corpse I created. Congrats to you yes?"

Looking back up to her and away from his fingers he'd cross his arms and look her over once more. " As for what I want with you well. That remains to be seen. Though you do have the body of a certain... Grace. Could probably mold you into a decent killer. Hm." He continued to think to himself outloud and speak as though she were not there until he snapped out of his useless state and regained his mind. " Oh but I think the better question would be, what is it you want of me? I wasn't born yesterday. You need help. "

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:21 am

She stood in awe at his features for only a few short moments and then was snapped back to reality at his words.
    Who was this fool? did he really think he should trifle with her?

It was then that she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and locked eyes with him for the first time. Looking into her eyes was like looking into a crystal clear pool that went on and on. Her face was young and pale but beautiful none the less.

"My hero" she spoke smoothly as she made her way towards him. "oh what should I do? How could a lowly murder like myself ever repay such a redeeming man as yourself?"
    The smile that she had on her face faded away into a dark scowl.

"Cut the crap. You know nothing of me, you don't no where I come from or who my family is. How are you so sure I'm not trained in combat? or that I have special connections?" she crossed her arms and glared at him before sighing and shaking her head.

Then she heard the words '  Though you do have the body of a certain... Grace.' and at the she scoffed.
    "Do you wish to keep your life Elf?" she shut her eyes tightly as if she was trying her hardest not to launch an attack on him. "I don't need help and I never asked for yours." she said folding her arms and returning her gaze to his.
    "BUT!" she started. "You have proved yourself useful and I might be able to use that to my advantage." she grinned cynically

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:36 am

Faile rolled his eyes in annoyance as she spoke. Whether she could or couldn't handle herself he cared not, the fact remains she couldn't have escaped alone. He eyed her grumpily as she spoke to him as if he were a peasant. " Proved myself useful? I didn't know I had to 'Prove' anything to you. You speak as though you are of higher nobility than myself. Maybe you should learn to be more like me, you'll survive longer. Get rid of your sense of higher status. By the way you act you must have been of a higher stature than most. "

Faile then surged forward, his speed making it seem as though his legs had not even moved. He stood before her, slightly taller but not by much." If you wish to survive. Throw away everything you once held dear, down to the very way you have been brought up to think. Now. To much higher concerns than your bratty mouth. That thing in Helgen. That was a Dragon. But how? Those beasts are long dead... How could they have returned."  

As he thought to himself he turned away from her for a moment, only to catch another whiff of her newborn scent. " Oh, Right. My apologies. I almost forgot. you need to feed soon or you'll starve. Would you like to accompany me for some much needed.... Dinner? " His head swiveled slowly in her direction, his eyes locking onto her own so that she could see his own hunger paining him from the depths of his iris's.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:51 am

She stiffened at his words and fell silent holding her tongue for the first time since coming in contact with him, she didn't even seem to care that he had closed the distance for a short time but then that was when he brought of the dragon, OH! how joyous, the dragon she had almost forgotten that beautiful creature.

Her eyes light up like the night sky as she gave a small bounce of joy. "Dragon.." she seemed to laugh. "That was a real dragon, I've only read about them and was always told that they weren't real but they ARE"

She turned and looked back in the direction of Helgen and gave a smile. "Oh He is the one who saved us you idiot" she said as she swatted at him "but.. what did he say?" her eyes searched the sky before she turned back to him, embarrassment flooding over her.

"ah, sure.. Dinner sounds great."

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:58 am

Faile rolled his eyes as she grew fascinated by the dragon, but he scoffed in a sort of childish jealousy as she spoke of the dragon saving them both. Grumbling " No... I saved us both... " He'd begin to start walking onto a nearby dirt road. " Falkreath Hold is this way, we should be able to feed there and a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary lies just north of the town. I'm a member of the Brotherhood so I should be able to get us a place to stay for a little bit."

As he spoke he'd turn and sort of walk backwards to initiate a conversation. " So. What's your name? You never told me. By the looks of you I'll guess you're a Breton right? "

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:03 am

She couldn't help but giggle at his jealousy and gave a roll of her eyes as she followed after him.

"Aww are you jealous?. How cute!!" she grinned and leapt onto his back. "Carry me" she said as she rested her chin against his shoulder, shutting her eyes listening to his voice. The Dark brotherhood? interesting. she thought to herself, remaining still and quiet until he asked her, her name.

"Oh, I never told you ?" she asked, tightening her grip around his neck. "My name is Renge."

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:08 am

Faile growled lightly. " No I'm not jealous. Psht. " As he was walking and speaking to her she then jumped upon his back. As she told him her name he nodded quietly before stopping and shrugging her back into a standing position. " Well Renge. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance but please do not jump on the backs of well renowned killers. It can hurt our reputation you know.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:13 am

After shrugging her off she quickly wrapped her arms around his waist.
    "Saving a life can hurt your reputation even more then being seen carrying a girl on your back.. If you are the killer you say you are why did you not let me die along side those pigs?" she questioned and tightened her hug before scrambling up his back once more and laying her cheek against his shoulder.

"What more damage could this do?" she asked.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:20 am

Faile flailed for a moment in aggravation as she scrambled back upon him. " Dammit...Quit." After a moment of trying to get her to let go, to no avail. He just slumped his shoulders in annoyance and frowned as he began walking once more down the dirt path. " This is not fair. "

Soon the Hold of Falkreath came into view and he sighed in relief as the sun now made it's descent over the horizon. " Alright. I've carried you long enough. I'ts time to find some food. Wait here for me, it's too dangerous for the both of us to hunt. I'll be back with food alright? "

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:26 am

She grinned with satisfaction and settled herself onto his back, rather enjoying this.
    After sometime he stopped and spoke to her, she had been half asleep but was jolted awake by his voice, climbing down she gazed around and tensed up. "Where are we?" she asked, her head turning from left to right.

But she seemed to settle down after he said he'd go and get some food, with a nod she sat down on the ground, leaning against a tree her stomach growling.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:33 am

Faile swiftly left her company, merging into the shadows like an ethereal ghost. He entered the hold and decided to scope out the local mead hall. Stepping inside he noticed to his pleasure that everyone was already asleep, except for the owner of course. He stepped forward and threw several gold septims onto her counter. He had already made dealings with her before and she happened to be a reliable source. Nodding in agreement to the price paid she nodded at a closed door to the side of the room. This meant a customer was asleep inside. The barkeep always held a blind eye towards him kidnapping someone to feed on as long as he paid her well. He entered the room and exited moments later with a lifeless corpse. Exiting the mead hall he then traversed carefully through the hold, making sure no guards caught him.

It wasn't long before he returned to Renge, dropping a young female body to the ground. "Bon appetite aye girl? " He said slyly. Hoping that she took notice of his skill and at least admired him in some manner. He was like that. Loved attention.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:42 am

While he was gone she remained sitting, her gaze scanning everything around her.. Skyrim was an old place. The forests were beautiful yet the cities were filled with those who probably only wanted one thing. She wrinkled her nose as she thought of home..

She had been gone for several months now and knowing her fathers pig-headedness he probably still had people looking for her and for all she knew there was some in the city that knew who she was and would turn her in for the few coin that her father would throw at them..

It wasn't long before her thoughts were interrupted by the thud of a lifeless body that smelled of blood. Swallowing hard, she looked up at him with a puzzled look before turning back to the body and sinking her teeth into a vane on the wrist of the body.

The taste was sickening yet amazing. With every drop that touched her tongue she had the urge to throw up yet something held her there as the taste of human blood was much more satisfying then that of a deer or a skeever.

After awhile she pulled away and looked at him, wiping the blood from her lips. "Thank you Faile." she said.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:50 am

Faile watched her for a moment as she ate. In this moment he felt a sense of protectiveness he had never felt before. As she finished and thanked him he smiled and waved a hand dismissively. "It's no biggie, now, my turn."

Faile dropped to his knees and then soon after began gorging upon the body. His teeth sank deep into the corpse's chest, stomach and neck. Crunching and snapping noises could be heard as he snapped the limbs bones to get at the bone marrow within. Slurping and sucking at the blood as he chewed upon the organs. By the time he got done his mouth was stained red and blood dripped from his lips. His eyes were glowing slightly as his hunger was sated and in this moment for the first time it could be seen just how sinister and vile he could be. Arching his back and tilting his head to the sky he'd smile in a wicked manner. " Ahhhh... Now that is some good eating! " A Vampire in hunger, always becomes much different than their usual selves. It just so turns out that when in hunger Faile becomes a sadistic murderer. Good thing he was getting his fill. By the time he was done, the entire chest and stomach area of the corpse had been picked clean, looking as though a pack of wolves had set themselves upon it.

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:45 pm

She watched him for a short moment before yawning and stretching her arms above her head and leaning back against her tree, picking up a tiny bug that was crawling down the trunk and let it run across her hand.

"Who are you exactly Faile? those Imperials seemed to know who you were.. But I have never heard of you." she spoke, not trying to sound rude or snide but it may have come across like that.
    "and did you say something about the Dark Brotherhood? is there a sanctuary here??" her eyes narrowed back up towards him curiously.

Faile
    Admin

Post by Faile on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Faile's head snapped back in her direction in a bird like manner. It took a moment for him to come off his high from the meal he just had and remember what was going on. Standing slowly he gripped the corpse by one of it's arms and tossed it into a nearby ditch. " Those Imperials not only know me. They fear me." He'd turn back to her and then sit cross legged before her. " I'm an assassin in the Dark Brotherhood and the best thief in the Thieves Guild. I've left the letter F on the bodies of every Jarl in Skyrim, and it took them a very long time to discover it was me whom did the deed."  

Faile reveled in his accomplishments, and it seemed as though he were bragging when in truth he was just as much in awe of himself as everyone else was. " Aye. There is a Dark Brotherhood sanctuary just north of Falkreath. Hidden behind a grove of trees and our signature door. Only members of the Dark Brotherhood or those whom know the password may enter."

Renge
    Admin

Post by Renge on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:00 pm

She listened carefully to each word he spewed from his mouth. This man just got more and more interesting as time went by. But he was extremely odd as well but then he continued on, this time about the dark brotherhood and her eyes widened and she fell forwards to her hands and knees.

"Can we go?" her eyes were filled with anxiety as she spoke. "Please, you have to take me there."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 am